Thursday, July 10, 2008

new toy test

got a nike+ sportsband, it includes the sensor.
Picked it up from the running store for 60 bucks.

Bonus-you do not neednike shoes or an ipod nano!

I also picked up a nathan pouch specifically designed for the sensor, it velcros into your laces.
I did'nt notice it.

Well a bit of a pain getting started.
first you must download the software then you plug in the sport band thingy directly into your usb port for a few hours to charge.

Ok minor problems -sensor not reading? sensor was put to sleep by me accidently.

Took a bit of messing around but got it to work.

I did not exactly calibrate it to me because
1-my stride changes constantly
2-I run lots of hills
3-I take walk breaks

The sensor and band are very very close anyway, my gues is within a quarter mile.

I basically needed a good estimation tool.


So I ran to sentinal peak 1hr21min
11min/per mile ave 7.39 miles

Side note- the nike software is kinda neat it graphs your run and saves it in a data base, also it offers free training tools/guides.

No comments: