Saturday, May 2, 2009

Like to swim? Alot?

For crap sakes....
So got off work @ 1am friday night got home slept til 530am.
Up, mom was running late, I got all set to crash out in the back of th truck.

Well we got a bit turned around on the way ouT to saguaro lake but got there in time.

There were some weird logistic errrrrORS and apparently we needed a park pass but said pass is Not available @ park Kiosk only available 10 miles down road, so we hiked it in and found some road side parking.
Then hitched in with some other racers!!!
I swam in the non-wetsuit 2000meter(1.2 mile) division.
The swim was great but man that was a long long swim.
We were the last heat to go and the other heats were about 5-15 minutes ahead of us.
I ended up catching up to the 2000m wetsuits.
Very choppy,windy, lots of drift and current.

The finish time was a little weird and mom couldnt see me finish, she was running my split.
So the race has me finish 9 out of 16? in my division.
But the top 3-9 finished very close and as I was already done I was yet again asked for my time so I think 41'50 is a little off.

Its possible, my average is 40 minutes flat for 2000 meters.

ALOT OF FUN.
COOL SCHWAG.
T-SHIRT,WATER BOTTLE ,BAG.

I may do the 4000m division next time!!!!

No comments: