Sunday, May 25, 2008

fin

Red mountain is officially done.

Got to run with the pinkcorker!!!
We ran together for a long time chatting and telling stories.
Really nice to run with someone other then myself for a change.
I think I wore my mp3 player for only the last 4 or 5 miles.
Wow thats a rarity for me ....usually I wear it so long my ears hurt from the headphones :)




I must say the race was very well organized.
The r.d. was amazing.
I will be back next year if I'm able.
I'm still blown away how well put together the whole thing was.

Well the scenery was amazing, sweeping views, strange kodachrome cliffs, just amazing.
Total time 5hrs20min51.7sec(10min19sec /min per mile average)
My right foot is sore, my hips and everything else feel normal.



p.s. if anyone is looking for a very well supported faaast first ultra or just a really fun run(there is about 19 miles of pavement). Aid every 3 miles. Friendly!!!
This was put on for runners by runners. I would do this again in a heart beat.

2 comments:

Pinkcorker (Renee) said...

What a great race you ran! You were amazing! The race organization was so awesome at the RM 50k compared to the Zane Grey race, wasn't it? I'm hoping they don't do the RM50k at the same time as ZG next year - I know you are doing ZG again!
Thanks again for running with me - I had a fantastic time!

onepinkfuzzy said...

YAY!! It sounds like it was so much fun!