Wednesday, June 8, 2011

cheater cheater pumpkin eater

ahhhhhhh i just had page upon page of a race report deleted?????!!!!

WELL LONG STORY SHORT-HORRIBLE OFFICIALS AND A POORLY RAN EVENT. BUT An AWESOME RUN COURSE!!!! Very easy to follow.

QUINCIE DOUGLAS SPLASH AND DASH RACE REPORT- So after major fubar by officials i was finally allowed to start in the wrong heat and seeded with swimmers alot slower then myself.

@ any rate the water was very cloudy and the swimmers were packed 5 a lane!!! Fortunately i lead my lane off and ended up passing forward.
I had problems counting my laps and there was so much wake per lane due to the overcrowding i couldnt acurately read my watch.
I ended up turning a very fast time but am almost positive i hopped out early although i could have jammed my watch up or stopped it out right @ one point. i dont know. It becomes apparent when i view my splits. The run was fast and the course was very easy to follow.

Swim splits-
100- 1'19"12- nice
200- 1'34"16-average for me
300- 1'43"53-2 i was slowing down and sucking on all the slow swimmers wake.
400- 51seconds 75 hundredths- short lap, or?
500-1'45"98- ???
600- 1'46"98- exactly 1 second of to the hundredth!!! ????
700- 1'51"81- this lap felt smoother and faster.
800- 50 sec 15 hundredths. Short lap? I swam an extra 50 yards because i thought i was short just 50....
Ok so i was pretty sure i was 100 yards(4 laps) short because my time was too fast... My time continued to get interesting.......my transition time from the exact time i exit the pool til i lace up and grab my gear and set foot on the run course was only 1'02"18 ????!!!! On saturday my time was similiar, what was not was that tonight i had to run all the way around the pool due to over crowding to get to my gear and then run all the way back and over to the run course. Saturday i was set up feet from my pool exit and directly next to the run course yet both transition times were very close!!! There is just no way!!!! I think i bumped my watch....anway on to the run....much better 26'39"01!!!! The run course was easy to follow but am pretty sure they measured it short.

Total time 39'24"69 much faster then saturday!!!! I will be racing sat in oro valley again and am interested to see if i can repeat my swim tim. The run is held earlier when its much much hotter so dont have much hope in p.r......ing my run time. Who knows.

No comments: