Tuesday, October 2, 2007

It all comes down to this

Well I had been on vacation for a few days and drove up to Tahoe for my run. After sitting in on the orientation meeting I decided to run the Tahoe triple Marathon. 3 marathons for 3 days straight.


Thursday September 27th- Well I ran my legs off. There was a hill that lasted from mile 20 to 26. We ran from the top of Zephyr cove around the lake to spooner summit. Most people were saying this was as tough as any trail run they had ever done. I ran it in 4hrs36min11sec.

Friday 28th- Not able to eat the night before, a little worried about this day. This leg started at spooner summit and ended in tahoe city. I got sick at mile 20 and ended up walking for days. Finished in 4hrss34min24secs. I just kept running faster.

Sat the 29th the final day and the main marathon- For the first 10 miles we ran in snow and ice. We started from Tahoe city and ran to pope beach. What was neat was we ran with a bunch of other people. The first 2 marathons were only those who were running the triple, about 150 people. The main marathon had a ton of people and at mile 13 the half marathoners join you and at mile 20 the 10kers join you so there was constant new blood. I could go on and on but just dont feeel like it. Finished in 4hrs27min34sec.

I felt that running the triple was much more difficult then running a 50 miler.
Others agreed with me
Out of the 150 runners that originally entered the triple not all finished. I finished 22nd.

I plan on doing this event next year. The first 2 marathons are a little disorganised. It is a real test of yourself and your determination. The trophy and sweatshirt that says survivor and singlet you get for finishing is really cool. When you cross the finish line you get a finisher medal put across your neck. Oh and a license plate holder that says 78.6 miles. The memories are pretty great too. I met and ran with some amazing people.


10/01/07-
Before work I did

5 pullups
25 push ups otb
50 crunches otb

afterwork ran 10minutes on 1 minute walk at reid 3 miles in25min26sec77