Wednesday, June 20, 2007

never enough

So I worked my last graveyard and went to a couple different running shops. Fleet Feet has always treated me good in California so after 2 other shops I settled on Fleet Feet Tucson.
I tried on a few different pairs of shoes and settled on a pair of Brooks Cascadias.

New shoes means I have to go run right? The only problem being I had been awake for close to 16 hours at that point.. Well seeing as I probly wont get to run for the next 5 days I opted to go up to mt. Lemmon and check out the Green mountain trail despite being exhausted.

So I ran from green mountain trailhead to maverick springs. Nice little run, I ran for an hour and30-40minutes. All down hill to the spring. Technical little trail. Lots of sandy and loose terrain. A few downed trees.

It FELT like I was going fast. On the way up I just kept on myself to keep my tempo high pushing and pushing. I did'nt stop either way and was a little disappointed that the trail took me as long as it did.
No excuses.

Its weird on the way down I was a little tentative so as not to take a header. On the way back up I jammed.

I dont see any reason why I shouldnt be able to do this in 70minutes max.

Current mood- irritated, pissy,need sleep. Whatever.

The new shoes are awesome. Exactly what I wanted.

Greenmountain to maverick springs 1hour40min.

No comments: