Saturday, June 23, 2007

All thats trivial will fade and soon recede.....

...when your on a date with destiny. On a date with destiny.

Early sat a.m.23rd? started things off with 2 sets of 50 pushups. I've NEVER been able to do sets of 50. Let alone 2 sets. 10 pullups, dead hang leg lifts and crunches while hanging from the pullup bar. Squats! Then the heavy bag . Ive taken close to a week off from the bag and any heavy upper body work. It seems I needed the time off to heal up stronger. I'm knocking the bag around...the bag and free stand weigh upwards of 200 pounds and im now sending the whole thing flying around across the room. Ive gotta get some sand bags or something and anchor this thing down. Im sure my downstairs neighbors love me. Crazy shit.

So more then twice this week I've heard from people that im skinny or scrawny or basicaly am a pencil neck. Its ironic how im perceived outside the climbing gym or by people who dont know me or anything about muscle tone or endurance sports.

I guess I used it for motivation because I noticed a real difference even from the start of my workout. I've been mulling over a couple ideas for some long runs... another really long one, my first in Arizona. But will wait til the end of the month to see how I settle into the higher frequency of my workouts. I real wanna climb and may head down to Babo and solo the regular route,probably in a couple weeks.
Well heres to a new day dawning!

2 comments:

onepinkfuzzy said...

"the great aching tooth of the southwest" as edward abbey called baboquivari. i've never climbed it-wasn't sure how to go about getting a permit-but i've always wanted to go do it. i'm interested in hearing how it goes!

RunningTroysLife said...

You just quoted Abbey to me...holy crap!
Hopefully Babo on thursday if I'm not too tired.

Ok so I have an old copy of Desert solitaire and in the front is a listing of books old ed wrote. There is one I cant find, Called Rock salt and cherry pie. Anyway I've searched all over, had my brother go through the archives ,web search, bookstores etc and cant find it. This is the only book I've even seen mention of it and its just listed amongst his written works.

So I ask everyone who knows Ed, Ever heard of Rock Salt and Cherry Pie?

I have yet to go down to Organ pipe and pay a little homage to his memorial.