Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's on

Headed over to TRI-sports and picked up my packet etc..
So my swim wave starts @
6:34am-Blue swim caps!

I took the bike out for a quick inspection/short 10 min ride.
Everything checked out.
I'll check again tomorrow before racking.

I've opted to put my bike shoes on the old fashioned way as opposed to having my shoes pre-clipped and then hopping on the bike and putting them on while riding.
I'm still slow @that and believe it to be faster for me to leave the trans area with shoes on.
When I dismount I will leave my shoes attached to pedals-very fast for me and then makes it easy to rack my bike and slip my running shoes on.

Well I'm just praying my back holds up and I remember to take off my bike helmet proir to the run segment!
Goal 1- Have fun finish without out damaging my back
Goal 2-finish in under 2 hours
goal 3-finish under 1hr 50min
goal 4-finish under 1hr40min

Barring any really bad performance, I see myself coming in between around goals 3/4.

Realistically I havent worked the bike enough to have a low ,fast time and I suspect I'll be averaging about 15 mph(unfortunately) It will also depend on what their definition of FLAT COURSE is!

Damn I'm nervous!
My first official 3 sport event!
I don't think I was this nervous for any of the ultras I've done!

No comments: