Tuesday, July 1, 2008

revenge of the fixed gear

monday after work-run the small loop-13min13sec01.

P-picked up my roller trainer for me!!!
Hooray so I put in about an hour an half on that thing getting used to the balance.

A roller trainer is completely different then a stationary bike or fluid trainer.
It requires the rider to balance the entire bike and use core muscles to keep the bike straight.The bike is not attached to anything!
@ first it was like trying to ride and balance on ice. It took about 20 minutes of pedaling while holding onto the wall to get the hang of it. I placed the rollers in between a doorway so I could use the walls and my shoulders to help me correct my balance and to keep my bike on the rack.
I built up one heck of a sweat and didnt realise I put in a work out til I started walking around the house and my legs almost gave out.
Completely different then riding on the road or running. There is zero or no impact from riding the rollers and I didnt really notice my muscles until I tried to stand. Think I'm hooked.

No comments: