Thursday, October 18, 2007

This side of brightness/understanding in a car crash

10/17/07-wed-went up to Sabino. Decided to put the sandals to one more test. Ran up phone line link to Blacketts. Ran Blacketts to the end of the trail. On the way down I saw another runner. This was the first time I've ever been passed on this trail and this guy was jammin. So after Blacketts I ran Phone line out to the end of the road. As I was coming down to the road I had to start using the headlamp. I had to go very slow down to the road. So I was snacking on pretzels and I had one margarita shot block that found its way to the bottom of my pretzel bag. It was delicious. Then I popped an apple hammer gel.

So I headed down the road and started getting spastic/paranoid. I'm not sure if it was the sleep deprivation or all the stacked mileage and work over the last couple days. I was having trouble seeing and was getting nervous about cats. So I slowed down and I started to break down and completely come apart. I could have finished this faster then I did but wanted to drag out the pain a little. I started limping and my whole mood and everything just went to hell. It was really fascinating I feel like I learned a lot and was able to focus on certain things I need to work through.-

total run time 3 hours3minutes04seconds.

Normally I would do sets and hit the gym, well more of my family has decided to move to Tucson and they got in tonight so I decided to skip the sets and gym and spend some down time with the Fam.

2 comments:

onepinkfuzzy said...

i've so done that - prolong the experience even tho it's a downer, just to learn more and figure out what's up. running's good for that.

and fam in tucson, that's gotta be pretty cool.

RunningTroysLife said...

The only problem with family is you don't get to pick em.