Sunday, October 14, 2007

running oddity

Sunday 10/14/07-Headed out to
Sabino. Wow I rarely get to have the weekends off and was a bit suprised at how many people were in the lot.I intended to test out my bite sandals on a trail. I left a pair of road shoes in the jeep just in case. I headed over and out to phone line link. The sandals were working better then they did on pavement. How weird. Well after a bit the trail starts to climb. What do you know the sandals work even better running up!In fact on the flat stuff they feel almost unpredictable compared to uphill. The push I get is just rad.

I kept heading up and passed the junction to Blacketts.
I've heard rumors that all of Phone line and Sabino were now both open. I was itching to check it out.

Sure enough the trails are open and the work that was done is awesome! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

Onward I went, I passed some people way up there and got some REALLY strange looks, huh? Well I just kept truckn. I have never had the chance to run this trail so far because it's always been closed.
Well I reached a couple junctions and decided to keep going until I could drop down and pick up the road. It took me an hour and 16 minutes to reach the road from the start. Well I decided to run the road back, I thought I had family plans later so I wanted to hurry up.

Ok so I emerged onto the road basically coming out of the mountain above and was greeted with more strange looks. There were actually people on the road too. I couldnt figure out what was wrong until I blew by a couple more people also headed down.

It finally dawned on me!
1- I was running in my Tahoe racing singlet,(it's bright bright blue)
2-I have a Huge set of tatoos on my chest which are very visible when I wear a singlet.
3-Uhh Duuh I was running, not jogging, running in sandals!
4- The topper- it's the weekend-there was tons of people out and Im not really used to seeing anyone.

I got down the road in 30 minutes easy. @ least I had my sunglasses on to hide my embarrassment. Oh well I'm comfortable with my dorkiness. :)

Total run time-1hour46minutes52seconds
Embarrasing my self silly in public-priceless.

1 comment:

onepinkfuzzy said...

that's AWESOME!!!!

I love the phoneline loop - perfect training run. And even without tattoos or bright blue clothes, I usually get odd looks - I guess just cuz I'm running? (Or maybe it's my sparkly pink gaitors...)