Friday, June 15, 2007

And the trees even looked more green,

Well I went back up to bear canyon today.June 14th thursday-not sure how long I ran for but I started at the visitors center this time and ran out the 7falls trail and just kept running until I approached a couple very long switch backs running south to north. After a while I rounded a bend and was surrounded by huge drainages(dry) running out of the rock mountains above.

There was an awesome echo .By this time it was just starting to get dark so I turned around and hauled ass out of there getting back to my jeep at the visitor center around 830 or so.

3 comments:

onepinkfuzzy said...

it's beautiful up there, isn't it? my favorite spot on my favorite trail.

RunningTroysLife said...

I was impressed with the run as a whole, it really had a bit of everything. I scoped some walls,maybe some long routes and seemingly good crack systems. I'll be more attentive for prospective climbs next time I'm up there.

onepinkfuzzy said...

i know there are some routes in the sabino canyon area; a friend has a book on backcountry climbing around southern az. i've been intrigued by the climbing possibilities for awhile. i've thought it'd be cool to do that big 400 ft wall over in sabino canyon.