Saturday, March 17, 2007

not enough time in the day

Okay Ive been on mornings lately so after work I have enough time for a ride.
So the last couple days are as follows- Thursday march 15th-Shot up to Auburn to explore the trails after work. Ended up riding up old stage coach grade to ridge trail to the top of Foresthill bridge then went screaming back down. I still had plenty of light so I checked out lake clementine trail which I rode all the way to Lower lake and turned around just as the pavement began. I rode the single track back to the truck, it was getting dark and I was just scouting for the rest of the week. I ended up hanging out with the family and eatn homemade tacos.

Friday-march-16th Again cruised to auburn. This time I started on the lake clementine trail and rode it to clementine rode, which is basically an old road designed to allow vehicle access to the lake.I rode 2 more miles uphill then picked up the single track again. To sum it up, I pedaled my ass up hill for 4 miles then burly single track. As I started coming down the single track I noticed some other riders. Pretty soon some huge jumps and gaps and almost every kinda of hit you could think of turns up. It was awesome. There was some burly dudes on downhill bikes hucking big. So bam the trail gets nasty I rode through this weird culvert and then the trail gets rockier and the edge of the trail opens out to a scary drop down to the river. All in all, 8 miles later I made it back to the truck in one piece.

Sat-march17th- Ran into my buddy philly @ the bike shop, he works @ the shop and rides his bike to work every day. I've known Phil for 7 years and we are pretty tight. At any rate, I was on my way up to Jenkinson trail and was just picking up a fresh pair of socks from the shop. Phil informed me he was getn off in 5min so I loaded up his bike in my truck and we got to ride the trail together. We rode out to park creek bridge washed up in the freezing cold snow run off of the creek and wondered around for a bit on foot and found this little 50 ft waterfall /drainage thing that was just dumping the snow run off. The whole area was filled with spray it was awesome.
On the way back we caught an awesome sun set, the sun had just ducked down behind the trees and lake and everything had that classic orange hue. Then Phil flew off the trail and latched on to a tree just as his bike started to go over the edge. He was able to hold onto his bike with his legs...we rode on finishing the trail just as dark set in .

Phil's arm is a little burnt/chewd up from latchn on to the tree. That was a quick and perfectly timed 8 miles.
On the drive back around the lake we could smell everyones barbq and see all the campfires, it rocked, and we only saw 2 other people on the trail.

No comments: