Saturday, April 19, 2008

spin

4/19/08 picked up a new bike today/single speed/freewheel/fixed gear road bike,very fast. Rode it home ,out and around from the shop which is maybe 10 miles each way. Also rode for 20 minutes downtown to check out the bands and people.
This bike is quick, I was pacing out with the downtown traffic.

I"ve really grown to love single speed bikes.

Well I need to run, my joints/ body feels great but I should really get a run in.
Just trying to stay active/off the high impact stuff.
Staying flexible, stretching and in general rebuilding my energy and still trying to keep my body loose and receptive when I do go and pound away for 12 plus hours on the Z.G.

My crew has fallen apart and rebuilt it self several times....the latest incarnation is Loo Dog,my pick up and P!!!
I really don't want to do this thing unsupported using drop bags so I hope this works out.

Good thing I trained carrying over 2 liters of water, food and gear!!!
Thank goodness for aid stations!!!

1 comment:

onepinkfuzzy said...

oh crew changes can be stressful! i'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)