Wednesday, October 24, 2007

slam

wed-afterwork I went out to fantasy island to ride some single track.

I took a nasty slam, ended up laying my bike out flat and catching the handlebars with my thigh.

Falls from 6 feet in the air usually end up bad for me. I launched off a big hip, one I've hit many times, just not in a few months. Apparently the monsoons have shifted things. As I eyeballed my landing zone from the air( one cannot see the landing from the other side of the hip).

I soon realised I was going to wind up wrapped in a tree. Eww that could be REALLY bad so I layed my bike out and ended up getting flipped undeneath it. I got the wind knocked out of me and ended up stunned for 2 or 3 minutes.

Rode for 1 hour and 1 second! :) I stayed in the big chain ring most of the time too.

2 comments:

onepinkfuzzy said...

dude! hope you're ok..

RunningTroysLife said...

I'm ok, in fact my right leg feels like it got hit with a baseball bat. So I dont feel my left leg aching at all.