Saturday, August 4, 2007

forced rest

08/04/07 Saturday-well I headed up to Sabino and upon arrival was informed that the canyon was closed due to high floods one casualty and 26 people still stuck up bear canyon.

Well after skirting around my pointed questions about water depth and why the entire canyon was closed the Ranger was getting a tad irritated.

So I decided to run up the road north and adjacent to the park.It should be said I would never try and access the park through one of the side gates and I would never ignore the orders of a big green park ranger. I most certainly wouldnt try and access the park through private property either. :) All in all I got in about 2 miles maybe 3 all on public streets. I didnt subvert authority and sneak into the park through one of the many other ways. My legs hurt and in all honesty the rest is probably needed.

I ran for 30 minutes or so.

1 comment:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Could be all the right combination of reasons to get a good rest and run the next time on fresher legs.