Monday, August 6, 2007

08/06/07 mon-After work I went up to Molino Basin. Sabino is still closed due to flooding. So I started running the Arizona trail( never been on it before). After about 3 minutes I lost the trail and ended headin east toward a notch in the canyon. So I began following a faint game trail that runs parallel to the creek. After heading cross country for a while and skirting the hillside and creek I came to a cool waterfall thats actually running because of the floods. Well I scrambled and clawed my way up the slick rock to the left of the waterfall. Doing a mixture of 3 and 4th class scrambling.
So it was a run, walk, crawl ,butt scoot, and jump, jump, jump. Or it was an adventure run instead of the regular kind. But, is'nt every run an adventure?

After a while of this it started to get dark and since I was no longer on a trail I decided to head back using the creek to guide me . I eventually found a real trail of sorts.
Well after reaching the trailhead I decided to run the road for a while so I pointed myself up hill
( all uphill). I ran for 2 miles up so that means 2 miles back as well.

All in all I played for a bout 2 hours total.

It's monday so its set time- I've been tossing around different ways to put together the same excercises. This week will surely kill me. :)

SETS-ok- 3 minute circle sets no stopping for 3 minutes-5 pullups-25pushups-50 crunches I made it through the rotation twice plus one extra set of pullups completing a total of 15 pullups 50 pushups and 100 crunches.

10 minute break

BLOCKSET- Also no stopping between excercises. Done as one big block.

10 pullups
50 pushups
25 deadhang leg lifts
50 bicycle crunches
5 pullups
25 pushups
25 deadhang leg lifts
25 bicycle crunches

pulse bpm-150
10 pullups
25 pushups
50 bicycle crunches
10 pullups
25 pushups
50 bicycle crunches

5 minute break

oh god-

10 pullups
50 pushups
200 crunches the last 75 of these were done with one second breaks*very close to barfing*-pulse bpm only 120.

10 min? break maybe a little longer- ate the last of my cliff blocks and water.

200 crunches then 50 bicycle crunches then writhed around on the floor clutching my abs. :)

Gee that was fun... So I'm planning on really mixing the next m0nth and a half of building block excercises up... I need to add a little muscle confusion again. Im adapting to the excercises too fast. Although today hurt plenty. Im considering getting a road bike again and maybe a fluid trainer maybe some free weights and a bench or excercise ball.


Not til after my birthday though!

1 comment:

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

"played for 2 hours"....that's the spirit! Your runs always sound like such an adventure!
Amy
http://blog.runnerslounge.com