Sunday, July 15, 2007

lazy day

Sun 071507

So I headed out to Picacho peak and arrived around 6pm planning to run the hunter trail until a little after dark.

Upon arriving, a ranger had to give me some sort of warning speech about people dying on the trail and that I was in the target group ages18-40 males and time of day. He went on to say that the guys who died were'nt ordinary guys they were supposedly uber fit.
Further more I was informed that I couldnt run after dark and would be ticketed, also, I was told to not expect to run past the saddle and that should take at least 30 or 40 minutes and should probably turn around by 7pm in order to make it down in time.

So I started up the trail and despite the rugged conditions I made the saddle in 15 minutes! So I explored a little further and followed a set of hand cables down and around and toward the summit. Making it to the last section of trail to the summit.
At this point it was 7pm, and I decided to bail knowing I had to drag my ass up those steel hand cables. I made it down in plenty of time.

I could do this whole thing in 1hour30min-2hours. Short stout trail.

So tommorrow I plan on doing a long run.

1 comment:

onepinkfuzzy said...

nice! i love picacho peak; it's so much fun!