Monday, July 16, 2007

Starting to dry out

071607 monday-this time of year i'd normally be swimming in a swimming hole full of freezing snow runoff, jumping off rocks, and climbing in tahoe.

So I'm starting to feel really dry...Well I packed some gear and headed up to the lemmon planning on running for 4 hours or so.

I started at marshall gulch and ran out to w.o.r.t having to throw on my rain jacket as I started down w.or.t. A couple things struck me about this trail.
1_ parts of it seemed like a run off
2_parts of it were/are/is a run off
3_ gee I can kinda guess what happens when it rains bad...


So after a good hour plus of running in a nice rain and checking out the trail real good for next time, I turned around. I hear there is a natural lake in a granite basin out by the w.o.r.t trail and could kind of see how the trees were panning out and then dropping away much like the landscape does in the sierras when you approach a lake. Too bad I did'nt get to explore just a little further. Total run time -just a few minutes over 2 hours-good exploratory run.

Not feeling so dry now! It was like being on the pct again nice!
SETS

2 sets of 50pushups(100)
4 sets of 10 pullups(40)
4 sets of 25 dead hang leg lift cruches off the pullup bar(100)
200 variety style crunches on the floor.

No comments: