Thursday, July 26, 2007

Just Troy? just desert or just desserts?

wed 07/25/07-finally got a day off....Well a a bit of drama going on , jeep problems, finances are being tricky, me being emotionally unstable :) ... So I have friends who are snowbirds and leave their car here when there gone so I borrowed it for the day while the jeep is @ the docters office(mechanic) slowly draining my wallet(gotta pay to play).

Ahh well I needed to give the snowbirds car a run any way, its been sittin a month or so and I had to convince it to start! So Off to Saguaro east. The Rincons!
I haven't been out there since I first moved and only once prior, kinda saving this place for when I get bored with Sabino.

So I got a late start, I headed out on the cactus drive loop @ 6:40pm and tried to really haul ass. The park closes at 7pm and I was bound and determined to run 8 miles. Good thing I parked outside the gate and down the rode a bit. Great run ,I did the whole loop in one direction this time instead of turning around at the half way point. Amazing sunset that lasted forever. All my problems seemed small. It could have been hot, it could have been cold. The small things faded away into the rythm of my feet beating the concrete. Everything became simple...

Run in this direction, climb this hill, left foot, right foot,it was like kindergarten. A few steady climbs, amazing scenery. The sun hanging behind the tucson mountains to the west; lighting the whole panaram like some sort of natural mellow neon. I felt warm inside. I felt good.. The moon slowly made its apperance through the haze hanging over the Rincons and I finished my run.

Total time 80 minutes almost exactly and I started down the road a piece. So I averaged 10 minute miles. The last half of the run was akin to floating on an updraft.

SETS-

pullups 4 sets of 10(40)
pushups 4 sets of 50(200)
dead hang leg lifts 4 sets of 25(100)
bicycle crunches 4 sets of 25(100)
200 variety style crunches (floor)
My body is changing ,I see a difference. I feel different.

No comments: