Saturday, September 1, 2007

Triple decker

Ok So I've been up north in Flagstaff for 3 days. I went to go train @ elevation for the Lake
Tahoe Marathon @ the end of the month. Flag sits @ 7000ft above sea level.

This was my First trip and most definetly not my last trip to Flag.

Thursday8/30/07-arrived in Flag and stopped in @ the runners High for direction. I got a map and several ideas for all sorts of runs. Awesome!! So I headed up to Buffalo park which is a 2 mile loop and @ the back of the loop is wilderness access and all sorts of trails. I ran a half lap and dove for the trails. I ran for about 2 hours and even managed to run down a couple mountain bikers! These trails would be fun on the bike as well.

Friday8/31/07- Went to wing mountain loop. A 7 mile crosscountry ski loop; the last 2 miles of which are a steady incline. I did 3 cruiser laps in 3hrs50min-this includes time for nutrition and to refill my bottle and to put on rain gear and taking in account what I had in mind for myself for the following day.

Sat9/01/07- Well I finally got to do a trail run on Mt. Humphreys. The highest point in Arizona(12633 ft). My goal was to send it in 4hours or less. I've been planning this for sometime now. I started @ the lower trail head which adds a little bit of mileage. So in 4.8 miles the trail gains over 3300 feet this is one way. I ran/walked all the way up! I was passing people who had started an hour ahead of me.

Upon reaching the summit I met a fella who is into backcountry skiing and who skis the whole area. We exchanged #'s for the winter.

So I headed downhill, the compound interest of the last 3 days junk finally catching up. I reached the jeep in EXACTLY 4 hours!

No comments: