Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Well let's make it official! Oh yeah

Tuesday-08/28/07 Started things off with sets tonight

block super sets no stopping, I had meant to rest but kept going-

5 pullups
25 push ups otb
50 crunches otb
kick box for 5 minutes
40 pound dumb bells til failure
50 crunches otb
25 push ups otb
5 pull ups
kick boxed for 10 minutes
10 pullups
50 push ups otb
100 crunches otb
40 pound dumb bells til failure

ok stretched for 5-10 minutes then ran my neighborhood loop twice(roughly 3.5 mile loop)
7 miles in 1 hour 10 minutes, I kept trying to run slow but couldnt go slower then a 10 minute mile.



Ok so I have Vacation September 24-30th and will be flying to Tahoe to run the lake tahoe marathon. I was attempting to run the midnight express event(72 mile ultra around the lake) But was having trouble finding a crew and although I could have ran the distance it wouldnt have been fun because my mileage is'nt quite up to par right now as far as my long runs and would have had to push myself a little too much to make the cut off times comfortably.

The marathon itself should be plenty. Runners are warned not to expect a p.r. due to 2 large hills one is about 3.5 miles long around mile 13 and another a bit past that thats 5 miles long.

So I am setting some goals for myself,very humbling goals.
1-Have fun
1-get blown away by the experience
1-Let my body flow,do my best to settle into my pace and just let it guide me dont fight it, just go with it.
1-Dont get upset or down on myself regardless of my time, just finish.
1-Survival,finish under the 7 hour time limit.
2-finish under 6 hours
3-finish under 5 hours
4-finish under or around 4hr30min- This is California dreamn right here:)

If I had to predict a finish time it would be between 5hr50minutes and 6hrs10minutes. Then again I will have several factors in my favor. The major one being my whole level of fitness and my taper the next 3 weeks are going to be heavy that still leaves me a good 2 weeks to taper. I plan on fitting in 3 more long runs of 18 miles or 4 hours or more in before my taper. Oh the final thing I have going for me,I havent drank a coke in 2 years and know I can still stomach one and know that it will set me off. Not planning on this though. Also I will not be working that week and am used to working ten hours and then working out and running til bed time. Oh and the clincher,the last 6 miles are all down hill.


I know I will finish under 7 hours!

No comments: