Thursday, August 2, 2007

yup!

08/01/07 Wednesday afterwork-Well I planned on running 7 falls and then the road but because of the flooding I had to make several sidetracks and cross the creek. Well I ran out to 7 falls and had to cross the creek a bunch more times. Eventually I came to where the trail became damaged prior to this years monsoons and chose to turn around. I didnt feel comfortable with the weather or having to crawl down those rocks right above the flood swollen flowing wash.

So I headed back and ran around Sabino dam west for a bit, eventually connecting to upper road via bluff trail. So I ran the road out and had to cross the creek 5 or 6 different times because it was coming up over the road.
@ one point it came just up to my knee!
So on the way back down the road I picked up rattle snake/ esperero to hopefully make up for the missed time on 7 falls. Rattle snake was dark and fun and I've never ran it in the opposite direction before today.

So total run time 3 hours or so.
Sets
pullups 4 sets of 10(40)
pushups 4 sets of 50(200)
deadhang leg lifts 4 sets of 25(100)
bicycle crunches 4 sets of 25(100)

Well my work schedule is erradict so no trail runs until saturday. I'll be running the park after work.

1 comment:

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

I know I need to do more strength training. I know its good for me. Wanted to let you know that after visiting you over the last week or so you have motivated to pick up my meager little weights and get going again as well as do the regular squats, etc that used to be part of my regular routine. Thanks!
Amy
http://blog.runnerslounge.com