Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Ok 08/08/07 wednesday. The canyon is back open ooh yea!!!

So I went up to Sabino and ran bear canyon out to the end of the road. The water is still too high to run 7 falls. So from there I ran back up to the phone line links and headed up to Blacketts ridge. On the way up I saw a hiker crouched over a desert tortoise. It was a small one like last time. Cool. So I topped out on Blacketts and took a walk break through the waist high boulders and rocks. I still managed to catch up to another hiker on the top.
Ok So on top I had a hammer gel and headed back down taking phone line link all the way over to the road. Just as I was topping out on the link trail I saw a big ol' tortoise! It was like 2 feet from front of shell to back and it had all sorts of battle scars on its shell from predators! I talked with it for a bit and thanked it for making an appearance and wished it luck on its long journey down to the water.
Well I still had a little day light so I popped a cola flavored cliff block and headed up the canyon road. All the creek crossings were about knee deep and every time I went across one I felt like I was a big ol' draft horse or oxen or something.

Suprisingly there was quite a few people out. So @ the end of the road I popped one more cliff block and shuffled back down. I strapped on my headlamp around this time also. Well good run.
It felt like I was on another planet today.

All in all I ran for 3-4 hours and had one hammer gel and two cola flavored cliff blocks.

Ok It's wednesday so sets... I am so not in the mood...

SETS
pullups 5 sets of 10(50)
pushups 4 sets of 50(200)
deadhang leg lifts 5 sets of 30(150)
bicycle crunches 4 sets of 50(200)
200 crunches

No comments: