Saturday, October 31, 2009

charge

Off work @ 12am-
Got the urge to get my long run out of the way,
Wanted to keep all my long runs on the trail...just wasn't able to this time.

Started running @ 130am ran to
pantano-irvington-houghton-golf inks -panto-home-
Maybe 13miles ish
Nice sky and stars tonight.
1hr49min20sec
I ate twice before my run. Once on the drive home from work and again when I got home.
This run felt fast.

So If I can keep my mid week runs close to the same and increase my long run by 2 mile or roughly 20-30 minutes a week a I should be good.
The Strategy I have in mind I sort of did last week inadvertantly.
It goes as follows-So my next long run will be roughly 13 mile+2miles slower then pace for cool down or 3 + hours-ish on trail.The following week will be 15miles+2miles slower then pace or 330trail run.
I may have to give a week here or there to get used to the steady down pour of miles so I might cut back a bit some weeks or rest or stay the same as necessary.
So I plan to use the end of the long runs for cool down and to extend my mileage.

I think this strategy will allow me to adjust.

No comments: