Wednesday, March 25, 2009

home



Look what I get to come home to!!!
Wow!!!
Zane wanted my running hat so we let him try it on!

Ok so brought all the gear to work with me;Worked from 730-4ish.
Then headed up to Reid park.

Started off with a 2000 yard swim!!!34'38"18
then quick transition3'09"13( I included the time I jumped out of the pool pulled shorts on over swim suit /shoes/no socks and quick bungees for laces and headed out through locker room and across the lot to the park as my transition time ,no stopping @ Jeep )
lap around park 25'13"47
for a grand total of 1hr3 minutes almost exactly! That was done @ close to race pace maybe 69% of race pace. My swim was spot on but I kept alot in my gas tank and usually swim much harder in open water and with competitors.

The run was weird ,my feet sloshed around in my race shoes as I didnt pull my bungees tight, the bungees allow me to slip my feet in and the shoes are on, just not really tight, my feet were a little swollen from the swim so I felt comfortable with them loose, maybe not a wise idea while trying to run kinda fast.
I never hit a solid groove and just felt knocked down a notch or two and was never really able to focus enough tempo to get really cranking on the run. So a slow average on the run, I was running about 8'20min miles ,I should be able to hold somewhere close to a 7 or 7'30 min mile comfortably.



Well Then I grabbed my back pack out of the jeep and walked back into the pool area and did some steady laps but w/breaks for about 45+minutes.
After that I changed completely out of all my gear put on just the running shorts, extra cushioning road shoes and headed out for yes Another lap....After about 5 minutes I was in a groove and felt like I could run indefinitely.
I had to force myself to stop. That loop was easy and took 26'39'58!

No comments: