Friday, October 10, 2008

out of

Tired lately, not really wanting to run.
Just feeling worn out.
Out of gas. Out of luck out of....

SO I went for a swim this evening.
It was windy and cold so I decided to try out my new full length Tyr tights.

Well lets see-
pyramid sets with very short breaks in between
50 yards
100
150
200
250
300
350
400
450
500

a few minutes rest and then
100 cool down
100 cool down
50 cool down
50 cool down

When I hopped in the pool I wasnt expecting much out of full length tights.
I mean come on.
Well these things are the fastest I've worn or not worn in the water.
The proof is in my splits, every 100 yards I hit the lap button on my watch, although this kind of messes up my rhythm it does give me my split time, on a regular day wearing my thigh length jammers I can pretty much hit 1'40" comfortably on my long distance pace.

Well on my last 500 today I averaged below 1'30" per hundred.
I even had a 1'25" in there...

The tights seem to make me more aware of the water, you get kind of a feeling for it, you can tell when you get tired and your body starts to roll a bit or when your kick kind of wears out. Really strange.
The compression also seems to help with muscle fatigue.

Weird.

No comments: