Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Y

Wednesday forgot to post .
Had to wake u @330a.m very early days @ work.

After work picked up a new pair of goggles
( my old pair are lost in the abyss of my moving mess.)


Went to the ymca-they kinda gave me the run around in person. Over the phone I was told I could pay 30 bucks to use the facilities and that was for a month...cool....not cool... upon arriving I was informed I had to pay 50 dollars then 38 dollars for a month then another 114 dollars for the next three months then I could give 30 days notice and not Renew?huh?
Crack heads!!!

SOOOOOOOOO I payed 10bucks for the day and abused their treadmills and pool.
all righty started off-

running the tiny indoor track (20 laps for a mile)-
I did .82 of a mile in 6'21" @ a 7'42" avg pace

Then moved to the treadmill and did 1.01 miles
in 8'37" pace was 8'29"average

then swam for an hour ish- It's been awhile since I've done a swim workout.
Had to warm up with like 100 yards...dude it's been a long while, normally I can do a 300 or 500 yard warmup.
Well so I just split everything into 50's and 100's.


Ok so back to the treadmill with wet shorts- slow transition but no real break.
finished on the treadmill with 6.59miles
1hr 5 minute 6sec.
pace9'52" pace.

I felt fine cept for my left quad hurts like I tore something. Well screw it must forge ahead sore quad and all.

I'm off for another swim and run, this time probably @ reid park or Udall.
Will post whenI get back.

No comments: