Friday, August 17, 2007

Eye am an Athelete

08/17/07-friday- Headed up to the canyon and started running @ 6pm.

Darn bugs kept flying directly into my right eye over and over, I guess cause its shiny or something, I dont know.

As usual I was packed to run long. After running the canyon road once I decided to head back up. It was getting dark and I was a tad bit nervous about running for another hour or so . There have been Mountain lion sightings lately and every so often, every couple years someone gets attacked. Or so I'm told.

All of the water crossings have dropped significantly, now they are only ankle deep or so but still flowing.
I was planning on running to mile marker 2 and heading back and then doing out and backs to mile marker 1 so as to not strand myself so far up the canyon in case something did happen. Normally I dont see many people running the canyon @ night.

Well As I was approaching mile marker 2 another runner passed me. So I paced with him for a bit and made the decision to run the whole road again.

I paced probably a minute behind the other runner. I locked in a mellow, low/no stress pace.

So 15 miles in 2hours 44 minutes- mellow... I was really crusted with salt by the end of this run.

Back @ the car- @ some point I must have run into some cacti because as I was changing out my shoes I noticed a dozen or so little spines stuck in my leg that I had the joy of picking out one by one.

Time for some sets.

SETS

Mild warm up-
5pull
5push
25 crunch

5 min break-

5 pull
5 push
25 crunch

5 minute break

max sets

pull 17
rest
push 80-DAMN IT!!!- 11 short of my best
rest
crunch 313- oh darn- 4 short
rest

block sets-

10 pull
25 push
50 crunch
10 pull
25 push
50 crunch
200 variety crunches

I smell so bad that even I think I stink. Gack!

I just realised something 1-I have very little food in the house and
2 -all I've ingested all day is as follows

1 and 1/2 pb & j sandwiches, 1 vitamin pack, about 60 ounces of water, a bit of gatorade-like whatever was left in the bottom of a bottle, 20 ounces of cytomax, 1 carmel power gel and 2 cola flavored cliff blocks.
Umm Im freakn out starving, @ least my sugar levels feel stable unfortunately all my sodium is busy making a new crusty layer of skin. Ok it's official I feel gross and need a shower and food food food. :)

No comments: