Monday, July 2, 2007

hey

Sunday July 1st- So one of the kids I work with asked if I wanted to run after work and suggested reid park. I frequently work til 10or 11pm and I havent found a place to run at night yet and havent ran with anyone for months. So we did a loop. The park is well lit and more or less safe. About 3 or 4 miles I think. Nice little run.

Its funny the kid, was so hyped to have been able to run the whole loop. He said he's never ran the whole thing before. I controlled the pace and when I noticed him breathing too heavy or when his stride became labored I would taper off the pace a bit. I paced us out to an 11 or 12 minute mile.

He 's anxious to run again. Nice kid, not a bad partner for a late night run but I still prefer running longer and solo.

3 comments:

onepinkfuzzy said...

I've heard it's nice to run around Reid Park. I haven't yet - I get too worried about being out there by myself. Seems relatively safe, though.

RunningTroysLife said...

I wouldnt run reid with out a buddy. Kind of a rough neighbor hood..not that bad but you never know.

onepinkfuzzy said...

yeah, that's what i figure